§ 1 Purpose
The purpose of the running event is to make new contacts, promote intercultural exchange and culinary exchange. The event is organized by the VWI University Group Erlangen-Nuremberg. e.V. (hereinafter referred to as “organizer”).
§ 2 Validity
(1) These terms and conditions apply between the organizer and the participants of the running event (hereinafter referred to as “participants”). By registering and paying the participation fee, the participant concludes an event contract with the organizer and acquires the right to attend the event. If several persons register for the same event, the participant who registers represents the other participants and the organizer concludes a contract with each participant for attendance of the event.
(2) Each participant acknowledges the rights and obligations in these GTC. Deviating conditions of the participant that are in conflict with these General Terms and Conditions of Use will not be considered.
(3) Within this contractual relationship, these General Terms and Conditions of Business and Use shall remain valid even if no special reference is made to them when using other services.
§ 3 Conclusion of contract and term
(1) The contract is concluded as soon as the user has successfully registered for the Laufgelage. The registration takes place exclusively via the form on the Laufgelage homepage (www.laufgelage.de/anmeldung) or at one of the official Laufgelage registration stands.
(3) The contract ends automatically at the end of the running event.
(4) The registration does not constitute a claim to participation. We reserve the right, especially in the case of too many registrations, to cancel them if necessary. In this case the participation fee will be refunded. A further prerequisite for participation is that one kitchen per team must be available in Erlangen or the catchment area of the Laufgelages.
§ 4 Data protection
(1) By registering, the participant consents to the use of his or her data for the purpose of holding the event. This data will only be used to the extent necessary for the smooth running of the event. After consent, the data will be used to inform about future running events.
(2) By registering, the participant agrees to the transfer of data to those participants he meets on the day of the event. Each participant is required to handle the data of others responsibly, to use it only for the event and to delete it after the event. This applies in particular to the commercial use of the data, e.g. for advertising purposes. A liability of the organizer for possible misuse is excluded.
§ 5 Liability of the organizer
(1) The organizer assumes no responsibility for the accuracy and content of the information in the registration data of the participants or for other content determined by participants. The organizer assumes no liability for the possible misuse of information.
(2) The organizer is not liable for unauthorized third parties gaining knowledge of data. Similarly, liability is not applicable in the case of misuse of data that the participant himself has made available or made available to third parties.
(3) Each participant takes part in the event on his own responsibility and at his own risk. The organizer does not assume any liability for economic, physical or immaterial damages that may result from the participation in the running event, especially not for accidents on the way, spoiled food or damages to furniture.
(4) The Operator will make every effort to ensure that the operation of the service is carried out properly. No guarantee is given for full, uninterrupted usability.
§ 6 Obligations of the participants
(1) The participant is responsible for the correctness of the information he provides for his registration.
(2) If the participant uses the data of third parties entrusted to him for commercial purposes and/or combines business interests with his registration, he undertakes to pay the organizer a contractual penalty of EURO 5,000.00 for each proven culpable violation. This does not affect further claims for damages.
§ 7 Involvement of third parties
The organizer is entitled to commission third parties to provide parts or the whole range of services.
§ 8 Event areas; admission; admission control
(1) The event area includes all discotheques and bars participating in the Laufgelage as well as all additionally designated areas in and around Erlangen. Also the rooms provided by the participants.
(2) Access to the event areas is only permitted with an undamaged certificate of participation or participation tape.
(3) A security check can be carried out by the security staff on site when entering the event areas.
(4) The organizer reserves the right to refuse a participant admission to the event areas for good cause. Important reasons are in particular, but not conclusively, the carrying of dangerous objects, an obvious heavily alcoholized condition of the participant, if the participant is obviously under the influence of drugs or has an obviously homophobic, sexist, racist or inhuman attitude. In case of violation of the protection of minors, admission will also be refused. If there is one of the aforementioned important reasons for the refusal of admission, the confirmation of participation loses its validity and the participation fee will not be refunded.
§ 9 Domestic rules, rules of conduct; photographs and films
(1) Domestic authority is exercised by the organiser and his security staff, as well as by cooperation partners and their security staff. The instructions of the organiser’s personnel must be followed.
In particular, participants are prohibited from using the event areas
to carry dangerous objects;
use physical force against other visitors, staff of the organiser or other third parties;
to engage in commercial trading, marketing or advertising activities without the prior written consent of the organiser;
to enter areas and rooms that are not open to participants.
(2) Photography for private use with 35mm cameras and mobile phones is permitted. The personal rights of third parties must be protected at all times. The production of film or sound recordings of any kind and their publication online or offline without the permission of the organizer are prohibited.
(3) Participants who violate or have violated the above rules of conduct or the rules of conduct may be expelled from the event premises by the organizer and banned from the premises. If a participant commits a criminal offence, the participant will be expelled from the event premises immediately and without warning and the matter will be reported to the police.
(4) If there is one of the aforementioned important reasons and the organizer expels the participant from the event location, the confirmation of participation loses its validity and the participation fee will not be refunded. Anyone who culpably violates these terms and conditions is liable to pay compensation to the organizer for the resulting damage.
§ 10 Right to own picture
The organizer and third parties commissioned by him are entitled to produce image, sound, picture/sound recordings of the visitors within the framework of the event without remuneration for the persons depicted and to use them or have them used in any way comprehensively in all known and future media, in particular for reporting in all media, including the Internet, on sound or picture/sound carriers, as well as for advertising the event, for sponsor acquisition and for all other business activities of the organizer. All rights may also be transferred to third parties for the aforementioned purposes.
§ 11 Cancellation or termination of the event
(1) If the event is cancelled, there is a claim for reimbursement of the participation fee, provided the cancellation was culpably caused by the organizer.
(2) The event will take place in all weather conditions. However, should the weather conditions cause fear of danger to life, limb or health of the participants, artists or personnel, the event will be cancelled immediately. In this case, as well as in the event that the event is cancelled for other reasons of force majeure, due to official orders or court decisions, there is no claim for reimbursement or damages, unless the organizer can be accused of intent or gross negligence.
§ 12 Prohibited objects
It is forbidden on the entire event area: weapons and dangerous objects of any kind. Special regulations may also apply to individual areas made available by cooperation partners (e.g. ban on bringing your own drinks).
§ 13 Deregistration
(1) Cancellation of the running event is possible until the end of the registration period through the cancellation link in the registration confirmation or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Not paying is not a valid cancellation. In case of cancellation within the registration period, any participation fee already paid will be refunded. After the end of the registration period the fee can only be refunded in exceptional cases.
(2) A valid cancellation requires a valid reason. Minor illnesses or alternative dates do not constitute a valid reason. A cancellation does not automatically lead to a refund of the participation fee.
§ 14 Place of jurisdiction
In the event of legal disputes, the exclusive place of jurisdiction is Erlangen, Germany, as far as legally permissible.
§ 15 Severability Clause
Should one or more provisions of these general terms and conditions be or become invalid in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions shall remain unaffected.